Search This Blog

October 11, 2012

Princess for the day...T. Michelle Nelson and The Life & Death of Lily Drake

Let's extend a huge, warm welcome to T. Michelle Nelson who's visiting with us today. She's the author of The Life & Death of Lily Drake. Hi, T. Michelle!



How did you get from your day job to writing romance?  I’ve always written stories but when I finished writing the Lily Drake manuscript I felt really strongly about it and sent it out to publishers.  Here we are!

What are your three favorite books of all time? Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell, The House of Mirth and The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton

Morning, afternoon, or evening person?  Evening, late evening
T. Michelle Nelson


Music--with or without? What kind?  When I’m coming up with ideas, music is fine, and all types.  I love heavy metal, classical, Motown, jazz, you name it.  While I’m writing though, I need quiet.  I’m easily distracted.

First or third POV?  Life and Death of Lily Drake is written in third, but I have a couple other projects I’m working on in first person.

How's tricks? Do you juggle multiple projects? Absolutely.  I have ideas race through my head and I have to jot them down.

What's harder: beginning, middle, or the end? Without a doubt the middle.  I love the beginnings, I always have tons of beginning ideas, and typically I know how I want it to end, somewhat.

Revisions: Love 'em or hate 'em? Hate them. When the term necessary evil was coined, I’m pretty sure it was referring to revisions.

How did you come up with that title? Blood, sweat and tears.  I had a ton of really bad cheesy ones.

Best advice anybody ever gave you?  “You’re going to have to get some thicker skin.”

Fill in this blank: My ideal fictional hero would think me gorgeous no matter…if a booger was hanging out of my nose.

What's your favorite dessert?  Tiramisu… today.  I also love all things chocolate, fried ice cream, crème brulee, cheesecake, flan, etc.

Do you write at home or someplace else?  Home

What's your favorite type of hero/heroine and why?  Ones that seem real and have flaws.  They are the kind of characters that could be real people I know.

Find T. Michelle Nelson at:

12 comments:

Sylvia said...

Michelle,
Tell us more about your book. What is it about?

T Michelle said...

Hi Sylvia! Life and Death of Lily Drake is about a single mom who mistakenly assumes the vampire at her door is her blind date.

And I love this "Princess for the Day" title!

Alisha said...

Welcome to the PP, Michelle! Your book sounds fantastic! What a great cover!!

Pamela Stone said...

Hi Michelle and thanks for being our princess for the day. Love the title, but then I have a granddaughter named Lilly (2 Ls, but close enough.) Best of luck on your writing.

Liese said...

I LOVE Tiramisu. Sounds like a great book! Thanks for sharing!

Elizabeth Essex said...

Welcome, Michelle. And I want to echo Sylvia's request to know more about your book.

And I sooooo love to read and write flawed heroes and heroines. Bad girls and bad boys are so much more fun to write, aren't they?

Cheers and thanks for visiting with us.

Sasha Summers said...

Hey Lady,
Yay - you're wearing a tiara today - and you look great I might add!
I've read this book ladies and it's awesome! The cover gives a lovely glimpse at what's inside. Definitely add it to your TBR list!
So glad you're here - :)

chris k said...

I'm always fascinated how people come up with great titles - I have no imagination for catchy titles

did you have any help with this one?

Phyllis said...

Welcome to Plotting Princesses, T. Michelle. You wear the tiara well,

I like your cover and from your comments above, the story sounds interesting too.

My writing seems to come out more at late evening also. Sometimes my muse smacks in the middle of the night!

Good Luck with your book and many more to come!

Kathy Ivan said...

Welcome to the Princesses blog today, T. Michelle. We're thrilled to have you here to tell us a bit about your book. Love the title and the cover. It definitely evokes a feeling when you seen it.

I'm a night writer, too. It seems the only time I can squeeze in a few minutes any more is late at night.

Congratulations on this release and wishing you many sales!

Karilyn Bentley said...

Welcome to the PP blog, T. Michelle! I enjoyed getting to know about you. Love the title of your book! It sounds interesting! Congrats on your release!!

T Michelle said...

Thank you all so much! I appreciate all the kimd words, especially Miss Sasha!

I love the cover too! I wish I could take some credit for it, but I didn't have the least little thing to do with it. As for the title, I don't remember how that finally came up, but there was about a dozen that were just embarrassing. I wouldn't repeat them even if you tortured me!

Thanks again for the wonderful welcome, ladies! You Plotting Princesses sure know how to treat a girl!