Search This Blog

June 3, 2014

Vacation - All I Ever Wanted


So it’s June. School is out or very nearly out for many kids, and it’s time to start thinking about getting away. We leave very soon for Colorado where we will visit family and go up to our property and talk to the builder we’ve chosen. While we’re there, we’ll do some hiking, fishing and resting. I’m emphasizing that last point because frankly I’m needing the resting part.

To me there are two types of vacations. The whirlwind where you’re trying to see and visit everything and the one where you’re just resting. I have to say that the one we’re about to embark on will be a combination of both. There will be some downtime, but there is also the whirlwind where we will visit three different family members in three different cities. There would have been a fourth, but I nixed that one and said sorry. No time.

My favorite vacations are the ones where you rent a house on the beach, and all you do is go down the steps to the ocean get wet and then go back in the house or sit on the veranda and stare at the ocean. You can do this with the mountains as well, but most of the time we’re out hiking or doing something in the mountains.



So tell me, what kind of vacation are you planning on taking this year? Will it be a whirlwind where you’re trying to see everything in the area you’re traveling to or will it be a restful, stare out at the ocean or the mountains and just rest? Tell me where you’re going and what you’re doing this summer.
Need a summer read? My new series, Lipstick and Lead kicks off with the novella, Desperate. Come get to know the McKenzie sisters. Available at all retailers. Amazon Desperate.




7 comments:

Bantering of a Beautiful Mind said...

I would love to go to Colorado! I am going in August to Myrtle Beach!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

I'm winding one vacation up and am ready to go home. I do love the mountains and the cooler weather in the summer. Have great fun.

Sylvia said...

Hi Kim,
I would love to go to Myrtle Beach! I love the ocean and being on the beach. My husband is more of a mountains kind of guy. But occasionally we do go to the beach. Enjoy! And have fun this weekend at Lori's reader event.

Sylvia said...

Hi Vicki,
We're ready for you to get back! You've been missed. Hope you've had a relaxing time. Get ready to come back to HOT and HUMID.

Unknown said...

Oh, Sylvia. I want the one where you go down the steps to the beach and get wet and look at the water and go back up and look some more and have a cold beer on the porch and look at the water some more.

That's what my childhood was like, every day all summer. Minus the beer. :)

Haven't had a real vacation in far too long.

Thanks for taking me away for a few minutes. :) Cheers, EE

Sylvia said...

Liz,
I think we should all take a trip to the beach!

Sylvia said...

Liz,
I think we should all take a trip to the beach!