Search This Blog

July 17, 2014

Does an anniversary make you feel nostalgic? #PlottingPrincesses #MFRWorg


Have the Years Passed Quickly for You?

After I had been secretly writing for a few months, I sat down to have dinner with Handsome who had been mega traveling. We chatted about the usual—kids, cats, house, his trip, my upcoming class reunion. Then he asked, “What have you been up to?” meaning besides Jazzercise, needlepoint, and reading.

I drew a deep breath and let this rip quickly, “I’ve been writing.”

Honestly, I don’t stun Handsome much. But this admission did. His eyes went large and he went from a reclining position to sitting straight. Then his eyes narrowed, “Writing what?”
I explained the whole enchilada about how I began writing. He really listened and when I’d finished, he said, “You’ve changed.”

And I had. I had moved into a new life stage and was embracing it wholly. Here’s what I’ve done:

Published:
4 short romantic comedies, 1 essay with MuseItUp Publishing
1 paranormal short sexy romance with Noble Romance Publishing (rights returned)
13 short romantic comedies with True Magazines
Indie Pubbed:
3 short fiction collections

To be Pubbed:
1 essay, Sisterhood Anthology by Wordforest
1 funny romantic mystery by The Wild Rose Press (coming soon!)

Can be published:
2 paranormal short sexy romances (+ returned one)
4 short romantic comedies
3 romantic mysteries

I think I have been busy.
Happy anniversary to me!
Vicki Batman is greatly rejoicing a life change and eagerly waiting what will happen soon. Check her site FMI: http://vickibatman.blogspot.com 


26 comments:

Sylvia said...

Love this post!! What an accomplishment and you are so smart for celebrating. So it seems to me that you have several books sitting in the wings that you need to get up on Amazon. We can't read them if they're not available. Also I can't wait for Temporarily Unemployed. That book sounds like fun and I know it will be just from other stories I've read by you. Way to go Vicki!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Sylvia! I can't believe how time has flown by and what I've done. Thanks for being by my side, too. ox

Marsha said...

Congratulations, Vicki! You indeed should be proud. That's a lot of published writing! You seem to have figured out how to juggle real life, social media, and writing! That's also a huge accomplishment. :)

chris keniston said...

I love anniversaries ! - and such a fun one at that!

Nothing better than being able to add smiles to people's day

Kudos Ms. Batman!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Marsha! And thank you so much. As for the juggling act... sometimes I don't do so well. And as for social media...yikes! Thanks for posting.

Hi, Chris! Thank you so much for your help too.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! As a good wine, you don't get older, only better.

Pamela Stone said...

Congrats, Vicki! Quite an accomplishment. Writing is hard, but if you love it, so much fun. Great escape and cheaper than a therapist.

Lani said...

Oh, happy, happy Anniversary!!! This is such a wonderful post! And, Vicki, the world is a better place because of your writing! Thank you for sharing your anniversary and your writing to the world!

Janie Emaus said...

Congratulations! Time goes by so fast and you have lots to show for it.

Marlow said...

Wow, you've accomplished so much. Congratulations.

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Rayne! I need a haircut so I feel younger. Truly appreciate your friendship. ox

Hi, Pam! Definitely cheaper than therapy. lol

Hi, Janie! I have done a lot. I wish I'd sell more. lololol

Hi, Marlow! And thank you for celebrating a fun day with me. I hope many of my writing friends can party on their special day! hugs

Kimberley Troutte said...

Happy anniversary. You've done so much, Vicki, you should be proud. You rock, woman!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Kimberley! And thank you. I wish NYT was up there like someone else's from I knew her when. LOL. Maybe TE will be the big breakaway. Hugs!

darkwriter said...

Great post. :) And you have been very busy. Happy Anniversary to you!

Karilyn Bentley said...

Congrats Vicki! Loved this post! Keep on writing! Looking forward to reading Temporarily Unemployed. :)

D'Ann said...

You have been busy! Congrats!

Ashantay said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm looking forward to reading the humorous mystery!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Beverley! Thank you & see you soon. ox

Hi, D'Ann and Karilyn! Thank you so much. I can't wait for my big book to come.

Hi, Ashantay! I hope everyone likes my big book. There's lots of laughs and a fun hero. Hugs

Phyllis said...

How Fun and you are very prolific. I pray those creative juices flow abundantly from you to the readers!

Flirty & Feisty Romance said...

Huge congratulations, Vicki! You have been very busy. Well done and keep writing.

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Phyllis: Oh, you are so right. I hope some new readers discover me soon.

Hi, Stella! Thank you so much. I'm still writing, but am taking a bit of time to get ready for RWA. Making swag and a basket. LOL

You keep writing, too. Hugs.

Melissa Keir said...

What a great accomplishment! :) That's quite a wonderful list! I wish you many more! <3

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Melissa! Thank you!!! I'm very happy. Now, on to NYT!

Angela Adams said...

Vicki, you have been VERY busy. Thumbs up on your accomplishments!!

Unknown said...

Vicki, what an amazing list of accomplishments. I just finished reading a nice quote from Stephen King that basically says we should write to make ourselves happy.

Well Happy Anniversary because it seems you have found your happiness in so many ways :)

J.Q. Rose said...

Holly cow! When do you sleep? Happy anniversary and congratulations on your success in this crazy career choice!