Search This Blog

January 8, 2015

.#PlottingPrincesses ~ Alicia Dean: will she expire without coffee? #Author #Interview #MFRWorg

Kicking off 2015 with an author interview! The Plotting Princesses welcome Alicia Dean. 
Let's get to know her:

Alicia Dean lives in Edmond, Oklahoma. She has three grown children and a huge network of supportive friends and family. She writes mostly contemporary suspense and paranormal, but has also written in other genres, including a few vintage historicals.






Favorite movie: Gone with the Wind
Favorite book: Mystic River
Last book read: Guardian
Favorite color: Red
Stilettos or flip-flops: Neither (so what do you wear, Alicia?)
Coffee or tea: Strong Coffee
E-book or paperback: E-book
Pencil or pen: Pen
Favorite song: Something Elvis – Can’t choose one

Streak or not: Nope!
Favorite dessert: Red Velvet Cheesecake
Champagne or gin: Champagne
Paranormal or Historical: Paranormal
Ginger or Mary Ann: Mary Ann
Favorite TV show: Dexter
Hot or cold: Cold
POV: Third person
I'd die if I don't have: Coffee



Can she let go of the past, before it destroys her future?


Excerpt from End of Lonely Street: 

“Don’t. Please, don’t.” Hearing Noah say the words tore her apart, even though they were the words she wanted to hear. “It doesn’t matter anymore. I can’t be with you.” Regret ripped through her heart “Not ever.”
He gripped her fingers and placed a soft kiss on the tips. Toby shuddered and tried to draw in a breath.
“Don’t say that.” His words were a tormented whisper. “Please don’t say that. I can’t lose you forever. I won’t.”
She squeezed her eyes shut. “I can’t, don’t you see? Every time I think of you…with her. I get sick to my stomach. And every time I see you, I think of that night.” She opened her eyes and stared directly into his. “Looking at you makes me sick.”He flinched. “You can’t mean that.”
“I do. Don’t you understand? My mother has tainted you…tainted us. She taints everything she touches, and I’ll never be free of her.”
He compressed his lips, his voice harsh when he spoke. “That’s your choice. You can’t define yourself by your mother’s actions. We’re responsible for our own lives, our own destiny.”
She snorted a laugh. “That sounds awful nice, but I haven’t ever had control of my destiny, my life. I’m tethered to my mother as long as she’s alive.”
She turned away from his scrutiny—afraid he could see her darkest thoughts. See that sometimes, she wished for her mother’s death. Would he still think she was the girl of his dreams if he knew that?

Find Alicia at: www.AliciaDean.com
Find End of Lonely Street at: http://amzn.com/B00QQO3BK0
Contact Alicia at:  AliciaMDean@aol.com

Thank you for being with the Princesses today, Alicia.
 How long have you been writing? 
   

8 comments:

Alicia Dean said...

Thank you for having me! Yes, I will expire without coffee. :) Footwear: Sneakers and flats. How long have I been writing? I wrote my first romance at 11 years old, and I still have a copy. I've taken several lengthy breaks over the years, but I've wanted to write all my life.

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Alicia! I won't expire without coffee, but maybe without my diet dr. pepper. lol.

chris keniston said...

welcome !

Unlike most people, when I think of Oklahoma I think of good food. LOL - Best restaurant I ever ate at was in some small town outside of Oklahoma City.

But I'm afraid I'm a tea person - can't relate to coffee at all

on the bright side - love a good book! Lonely Street sounds like a winner!

Alicia Dean said...

Haha, Vicki. We all have our needs. :)

Alicia Dean said...

Thank you for the welcome, Chris! Yes, Oklahoma has some wonderful food, as my waistline proves. :) You don't remember the name of the town? Where do you live? I appreciate you stopping by. I hope if you read my book, you enjoy!

Karilyn Bentley said...

Hi Alicia! It's so nice to see you here with us since I see you around on several of my loops. :)

Congrats your your book! Sounds like a great read, I'm looking forward to it!

Best wishes for many, many sales!

Alicia Dean said...

Yes, Karilyn, I do get around. :) Thank you so much for having me. I hope you enjoy the book!

Kathy Ivan said...

Hi Alicia, glad you dropped by to spend the day with the Plotting Princesses. I do drink coffee, but only occasionally. I like my caffeine cold so it's usually diet soda. LOL

As a fellow writer of romantic suspense, I love it when a great romance feed throughout the pages, enhancing everything, don't you?

This book sounds like another winner. I'll have to check it out.