Search This Blog

January 25, 2018

#NewRelease DEVIL TAKE ME by Karilyn Bentley #urbanfantasy #supernatural #magic

I'm excited to announce that Devil Take Me, the fourth book in the urban fantasy Demon Huntress series is now out at an online retailer near you! Gin Crawford returns for another adrenaline-racing adventure. This time a demon is loose in Dallas wreaking havoc and her demon-killing employer seems to be harboring its own demon. She needs the help of her guardian mage, Aidan Smythe, to track down the demons, but he's not speaking to her. What's an demon hunting empath to do? Check out the blurb and excerpt, then get your copy to find out!

Happy Reading!

Blurb:

A demon attack…

Reeling from a personal tragedy and abandoned by all she loves, the world's newest demon huntress, Gin Crawford, sinks into a deep despair. She’s forced back to reality by news of a large number of people committing suicide, all on the same night. Suspecting demon involvement, Gin must work with her sexy but estranged mentor Aidan Smythe to track who, or what, is behind the deaths.

Leads to a new discovery…

As they come closer to finding the culprit, they realize their employer, the Agency, is hiding its own secret, one which threatens Gin's very existence. New discoveries reveal that even those dedicated to eradicating evil can be bought. Can Gin and Smythe forgive each other and work together or will they fall under the demon's thrall?

Excerpt:

     A vision of an auburn-haired man dressed in dark trousers and a gray button-down, appears in my head. He sits on my closed toilet lid, watching me sleep in the full tub, watching as my head slides closer to the waterline.
     It must be a dream. How else can I be asleep and still see the bathroom, my sleeping self and the man? A dream. Only a dream. His voice is nothing more than my imaginings.
     And yet I feel the need to answer. To deny his words.
     I’m not listening to you. I make an effort to rebuke the voice, refusing to take what it offers, refusing to admit its enticing pull.
     Oh, but you are. He leans forward, resting his elbows on his knees, his gaze firmly affixed to my face. You contemplate my words. You seek the rest only I can give.
     Yeah, right. Not buying it, buster. Although I’m starting to want what he offers. I’ll never admit it to Mystery Man. What can a figment of my imagination really do?
     I am not a figment. He smiles, his lips pulling away from straight, white teeth.
     Despite the warm water, a chill runs down my spine. He holds out his hand.
     Come. Take my hand. Rest. Leave your problems behind.


Buy Links:

Where to Find Karilyn:

8 comments:

JENNIFER WILCK said...

Sounds good! Best of luck.

CB Clark said...

This cover is great and I love your excerpt. Best of luck with your new release.

Karilyn Bentley said...

Thank you Jennifer and CB!!! I appreciate you stopping by!

Sandy Tilley said...

A demon in Dallas? Sounds like Gin is going to have to take care of business on her own. Bet she's up for the job!
Great excerpt. Creeped me out--in a good way. :)

Barbara Bettis said...

Terrific excerpt! Best of luck with the release ;)

Karilyn Bentley said...

Thank you Sandra and Barbara!! I'm glad you enjoyed the excerpt!!

Unknown said...

Love the title. Sounds like a terrific story! Good luck.

Karilyn Bentley said...

Thank you Linda!! :)