We've had a lot of author interview posts and getting to know a bunch of new people lately, plus lots of blogs about writing and craft; so I thought we'd do something a little bit different and kind of fun today.
We're going to do what's called Round Robin writing. It's fun, quick and easy and everybody gets to participate. The rules are fairly simple and I'm listing them here.
1. Read the scene below—it's very short.
2. In the comments section, leave a comment continuing the scene in your own way. Please only write a maximum of 3 lines in your comment.
3. The next person should read the continued scene in the comments section. Then starting with the last comment posted, they CONTINUE THE SCENE, again writing no more than a maximum of 3 lines in their comment.
4. Each person who visits the blog continues the scene, writing their 1 to 3 line comment, advancing the story. You can take the story in any direction you want with your comments, but remember, you are trying to advance the story that is being written (not start something new). You can add in a suspense element, paranormal element, a sci-fi element, a steampunk element, whatever you'd like.
5. PLEASE and I can't stress this enough, PLEASE KEEP YOUR SCENE PG RATED. No explicit sex scenes for this round robin.
6. Feel free to come back as many times throughout the day as you would like, adding additional posts and continuing the scene/story.
Everybody is invited to participate. Whether you are a reader or a writer, we encourage you to leave a comment and add to the story. We all have vivid imaginations; let's see where they take us.
The loud roar of the speedboat's engine drowned out all conversation, though occasional laughter could be heard from the party's guests. A water skier zipped and whirled through the swirling wake behind the boat, one hand holding the tow line while waving frantically with the other.