Search This Blog

February 16, 2017

Freaky Weather Follies #MFRWorg #whatsupinyourneighborhood #winterblues




When we think of winter in North America, we think cold—right? At least for most of us and even then, there’s the weird stuff like the blizzard a while back in Georgia. Usually, the days are cold here, the heater is on to warm my feet, a light wool sweater, long sleeves. When going outdoors, I add a coat layer, gloves, and a scarf.




This year has been so different. What I described above was the norm until we hit mid-Jan. But no snow or ice, just a scare. A big rain and little drizzle stuff. Since, we’ve been experiencing early Spring, despite the groundhog’s prediction. Leaves from the bulbs are pushing through the ground. The shrubs and fruit trees are budding. My early predictor is my flowering quince which has been blooming for three weeks now—with bees.
Doesn’t seem normal.
I still want some exciting stuff. A good snow. A few gray days for snuggling on the couch with a good book. Movies on the telly. Blankies on the lap. Kids out of school and playing.
I do have to remember what happened to me long ago. One Sunday morning, I drove my sister and friend to work. There was a drizzle and light ice, but nothing seemed significant. I took the loop on the turnpike and bam, rammed the center median. Seems on April 2 there was an ice storm.
Sooo unexpected.
And there’s not been one that late in the year since.
Mother Nature definitely has her own ideas.

In case there is cozy-on-the-couch weather, be enticed with the holiday anthology, Season of Promises, which features my romantic comedy short story, “The Littlest Angel.” Find the fun at: Amazon

8 comments:

Liese said...

As they always say about Texas weather: "Don't like it? Just wait 5 minutes!"

Great post!

Liese

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Liese! My dad always said that's why we live here. Keeps things interesting. And this year has been. I wish we'd have something very exciting. LOL

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Hey, I thought that was a Louisiana phrase LOL!

Great post...yeah very freaky weather.
Good luck and God's blessings
PamT

Melissa Keir said...

Our weather has been crazy...I am not sad that it's not been really cold. :)

Angela Adams said...

Vicki, I always think of it as being warm out your way. I can't picture ice and snow.

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Pamela! That's funny.

Hi, Melissa! We have really cold weather here, too, like 9 degrees. People look amazed when I tell them. Usually, we have something more interesting, but not this year. ox

Hi, Angela! Oh heck no. Cold, cold, cold. This morning was 39. Climbed to 66 at noon. Crazy-right? One of the prettiest snows was a few years back. Snowed all day and was very quiet. Twelve inches. Even my mom said she'd never experienced that. However, she did experience raining tadpoles. Hugs!

Karilyn Bentley said...

Hi Vicki! It's crazy here too. Setting heat records. Of course, it's nothing close to what you have in Texas, but still weird for Colorado. They had to close our lake to skating b/c it's starting to melt. :( It's still better than ice storms!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Karilyn! I know one day last week, CO was warmer than we were. Now, that is crazy.