Search This Blog

July 4, 2017

Happy Independence Day!

Photo Credit: Pexels.com

Happy Independence Day!

Here in the States, we're celebrating our independence. It's a day off for most of us. A day for BBQ and fireworks and family time. The kid, husband and I are grilling hamburgers and hot dogs. We are likely skipping the fireworks because it's 1000 degrees outside and the crowds...oh, the crowds. I have a big problem with a million people crammed within two square miles oohing and aahing at the sky. Don't get me wrong, I love the fireworks but I hate the crowds and the five hours it takes to get home from said fireworks.

So we're gonna hang at the house and stuff ourselves silly. There is even homemade banana pudding in our future. We're going to watch some baseball and feel 100% all American.

Photo Credit: Michelle Miles

Oh and before I sign off... the most patriotic thing I've done in my life was watching the lighting of the faces at Mt. Rushmore while singing God Bless America and the Star Spangled Banner. There was so much national pride bubbling up in me, I nearly burst. Totally serious, y'all.

What's the most patriotic thing you've ever done?

1 comment:

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

I adore fireworks and have seen some really great shows, most memorably on the steps of the National Gallery of Art in DC with the Washington Monument in the background and another while on a boat in San Francisco Bay. A country club near my home does a nice small show and I can watch from my driveway. No big crowds at all. God Bless family, friends, and freedom.