Search This Blog

November 9, 2017

The Holiday Dupe #Christmas #presents #holidayboxedset


Recently, I conversed with someone who shared his hilarious Christmas remembrance. Every December, presents were piled around his family’s tree in the living room, but no one dared to enter unless there was company or on Christmas. On Christmas Eve, the kids opened one present. Afterwards, off to bed because Santa was coming. On Christmas morning, they opened the rest.

One year, he realized the packages under the tree hadn’t changed from the night before. Nothing new had been added. Nothing from Santa. And then he had this realization: his parents had lied. He’d been duped.

Off he went to confront his mother who danced around the subject and finally explained how all things Santa worked.

When I was younger, my family went to Grandmother’s for Christmas Eve celebration with my mom’s family. It was a joyous event with good food and a gift from Grandmother.

After my family returned home and we were sent to bed with the admonition “better go to sleep so Santa can come,” my sister and I decided to watch for Santa. The hallway to the bedrooms had a small jog to our room where we hid. Lo and behold, we saw Mom and Dad emerging from the bathroom which opened to the hallway. They were carrying dolls and plastic musical instruments. After a while, no more parents. So we watched longer for Santa. Finally, sleep took over and we plopped in bed.

Imagine our surprise the next morning when we went to the tree and saw the gifts Mom and Dad had carried, but nothing different. That was when we figured out they were Santa.

We’d been duped – in a not-so bad way. LOL


At what age did you discover all things Santa?

So what is new? Why Season of Magic, a holiday boxed set, is now FREE at Amazon and other e-retailers. My romantic comedy story is Holiday Disaster (Christmas + Bad Plumbing = Holiday Disaster). Here’s a bit about our stories:

Noel Noel Noel by Merry Holly ~ Dumped and lonely, is it possible to find love at the local mall? Noelle thinks not, but a chance encounter with Chase Clayborne while Christmas shopping has her rethinking her rigid set of rules.

A Cinderella Christmas by Cara Marsi ~ Jessica Gallo no longer believed in fairy tales or happy endings. And she certainly didn’t believe she’d find her Prince Charming at Saks Fifth Avenue. Her Fairy Godmother thought differently.

Matchmaker Matchmaker by Bobbi Lerman ~ With Chanukah around the corner, is there enough magic left for a matchmaker to bring Molly's cynical heart back to life?

Yuletide Bride by Gerri Brousseau ~ The Dowager Duchess’s decree that her grandson must marry before Twelfth Night or relinquish his title and fortune sends him into a tail spin. Without any prospects and with only two weeks until Christmas will Stuart Nelson find himself destitute or will he find The Yuletide Bride?

Holiday Disaster by Vicki Batman: The week before Christmas and all is in disarray when a librarian experiences horrible plumbing issues and a Mr. Maintenance Man who isn’t nearly as jolly as Santa Claus.

 

Join all our freebie fun at: Amazon  Kobo

Find Season of Promises for 99 cents at: Amazon

Find Season of Surprises for 99cents at: Amazon 

Follow Season of Anthologies at Facebook: Facebook   

7 comments:

Melissa Keir said...

I can't remember when I figured it out. Being the oldest, I tried to keep it alive for my younger sisters. I would write letters to them from Santa and find them in the mailbox on Sunday's. Or tell them tales of seeing Santa putting presents out. :)

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Melissa! You were a nice older sister. My sister and I told our younger ones. Mom was in the front seat of the car, shushing us. LOL

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

What a great story, Vicki and wonderful memory!
Good luck and God's blessings
PamT

Angela Adams said...

I still believe in Santa (smile!).

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Pam! Thank you so much.

Hi, Angela! I love this. I have my own Santa. Hugs!!

Karilyn Bentley said...

Hi Vicki! I was four and like you I saw my parents put out my gifts. :) Best wishes for many sales!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Karilyn! Four is very young. You must have been smart to put that two plus two together. LOL