Search This Blog

March 6, 2018

Michelle Miles: Let's talk crafts


I had a hard time coming up with something to blog about. I’m not sure what my mental block is with blogging lately, but I literally stare into space and then … I got nothin’.

I thought about talking about the Oscars but, let’s face it, they were #OscarsSoBoring. I was glad to see Gary Oldman and Sam Rockwell win. The Shape of Water just looks weird to me and I doubt I’ll ever see it.

There’s not much else going on in my life other than writing, editing and stitching. I’ve started an Etsy shop and I’ve been stitching my little fingers to the bone. I make cross-stitched Christmas ornaments. If you follow me on Facebook, you likely have seen me post progress photos of them. They’re fun and they give me a sense of accomplishment because I can finish one in about a week.

I’m also trying to teach myself how to crochet. I have no idea why other than I saw the most gorgeous crocheted blanket on Facebook. It looks like this:





Isn't it gorgeous? I have these grandiose ideas that I’m going to be able to do this. Let’s be real here. This is all I can do:



I guess it’s a start. Cross-stitching was easy for me to learn. Crochet? Not so much.

I’ve done all sorts of crafts—made wreaths, flower arrangements, stitched just about anything I could find a good pattern for. But crochet and knitting seem…daunting.

Anyway…that’s about all I’ve been up to. Aside from working the day job and trying to get the teen to finish his driving hours so he can go for his driving test. He is SO not interested in that.

What fun crafts do you know how to do? Or do you want to learn?

2 comments:

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

I am all about crafting too. I do needlepoint and embroidery and am not too bad with a glue gun. I think crafting uses our brain creatively and that translates into my writing. I haven't tried crochet very well, but that blanket you want to do is gorgeous.

Michelle Miles said...

I want to do that blanket so bad but I'm not sure I'll ever be able to accomplish it.