Search This Blog

March 14, 2013

Blog: Plotting Princess Vicki Batman on Writing Love Letters?

Love Letters


Two days after Valentine's Day, I received a hand-written letter from Handsome. It is quite...beautiful.


After I finished re-reading it, I began to think about when was the last time I'd written a love letter or even a letter.

Nothing.

When my elderly neighbor moved to the East Coast to be near her family, I wrote letters quite frequently for I knew how much she'd cherished the ones her family had written. She read them over and over and shared bits of information with her close neighbors. I felt like I knew them like my own family. 


When I wrote her, I included articles from the local newspaper, especially if they pertained to people or places she was familiar with. Photographs were a must.

Other than my friend, I haven't written anyone a letter. I've sent birthday, Christmas, and congratulatory cards. But not a handwritten note.

I have to admit, I haven't written anything like this to Handsome. Not a missive that really conveys my feelings. It seems...embarrassing. How come I can say what I feel and not write what I feel?

That should change. That will change. I'll write something he will--hopefully--cherish as much as I cherish his.


Have you received a love letter from your beloved or someone else near and dear? Have you sent a love letter lately?


Vicki Batman is staring at her bottle of diet Coke, contemplating another, and working on another holiday story. Find her at: http://vickibatman.blogspot.com or at: http://plottingprincesses.blogspot.com

4 comments:

Sylvia said...

Hey Vicki,
What a sweet sweet gesture from your husband. Flowers are great, but a love letter is something so very dear and personal. When we were first married, my husband and I went through a couple's retreat through our church and we were required to write a letter to each other. I still have that letter and I cherish it.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Sylvia! I had to write my sons a letter for high school. Saying things can be highly emotional. Thanks for posting.

Alisha said...

How wonderful that Handsome did this for you, Vicki! Everyone should write love letters and hand write letters to family and friends.