Search This Blog

May 1, 2014

My Inner Wicked Witch, by Kelly L Lee

Have you ever had one of those days where your kids make you crazy, your boss is unreasonable, the dogs destroy your favorite shoes/bag/sofa, and the sound of your husband's voice makes you want to poke yourself in the eyeballs?

No? Good for you!

But for those mere mortals like me who can relate....Welcome to the club.

Those are the days when my inner wicked witch dons her pointed black hat (or pointed pink high heels) and releases the flying monkeys. On these rare (ish) occasions, I have several coping mechanisms ... most of which involve internet shopping and cocktails.


General knowledge's photo.




But I have a secret. I don't fear my inner wicked witch. And you shouldn't fear yours. Having an inner wicked witch isn't a bad thing at all, if you know how to manage her. She's the one who refuses to feel guilty about that girl's weekend with your besties. She's the little voice in your head that tells you it's okay to have a glass of wine after the kids go to bed. She's the one that encourages you to stick up for yourself. She demands respect, and empowers you to take something back - even if its only a few minutes a day - to reset and re-center yourself.

So feel free to call her what you like. Your alter-ego, or the devil on your shoulder, but I'm going to embrace the 'wicked' in my inner witch!.  Is anyone with me? :)


Princess Kelly

Visit me at my website:  Kelly Lee Fiction
Follow me on Facebook at: Kelly Lee - Author,  or Twitter at: Kelly Lee Fiction


4 comments:

Sylvia said...

Oh Kelly, I think I feel my inner witch calling to me today. Love this post!!

Phyllis said...

Hum, this makes me wonder. I always that my bluntness stemmed from post menopause!

AaaHa! I have an inner witch!

Thanks for the post,Kelly. it so much rings true.

Kelly L Lee said...

Embrace your inner wicked, Sylvia!

Kelly L Lee said...

I - for one - love the blunt, Phyllis!